WAP Default coordinate tool widget- Projected coordinates?

04-16-2015 04:06 PM
GeoNZ
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi there- Is it possible to use the coordinate widget to show a projected coordinate? (in my case New Zealand Transverse Mercator (NZTM))

I've added NZTM to the output coordinate systems in the Coordinate widgets' configuration. However when I use this option in the map, it brings up an error:

RequestError: unable to load https://utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer/ and then a JSON request string.

We work in a totally disconnected environment so it won't be able to reach that internet address so:

A) is it possible to show a projected coordinate even if it could reach a valid geometry service? (The map is in web mercator)- When adding a coordinate system in the tools' config, there is a warning that 'The Geometry service doesn't support transforming operation' but I don't know if that's because it can't reach the AGOL service or because no coordinate conversions which require a transformation are supported?

B) If it is possible to show that coordinate, how can I modify the default widget so it doesn't point to the AGOL service and points instead to the geometry service hosted on the local network? I've set the portal to point to the 'local' geometry service but it seems the widget is hardcoded to the AGOL service?

Obviously, it would usually be easy to test this kind of functionality with a service that you know is working (i.e AGOL) but that isn't an option here. If there is a good test to see if the geometry service hosted locally is working too, that'd be great to know.

Cheers in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GeoNZ
by
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, Title should read WAB (i.e. web app builder), not WAP.

0 Kudos
RubenSchoenefeld
New Contributor

Hi Andrew -

I had a similar question this morning when the ESRI service didn't work and got it answered here: https://community.esri.com/thread/180264

Check your application's config.json file and modify the value for "geometryService" to point to your own service instead of using the one by ESRI.

Ruben

0 Kudos