Select to view content in your preferred language

Website Security

04-16-2015 09:58 AM
NicholasBarger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Robert,

I believe I had read in a previous post that you use some sort of custom front end for website security.  We use the same thing for our Flex sites, but I have not had much success with the JAVA sites yet.  We use .asp code to verify username and password information against a SQL Database.  With the FLEX we were able to add an include statement into our default.asp (formerly default.html).  However, the JAVA sites seem to not react well to this.  I converted the index.html to index.asp and tried to add the include statement.  With or without the include statement my index.asp page does not want to load...it hangs up on the load bar.

So I was wondering if you had any pointers on getting security setup on the JAVA sites?

Thanks!

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nick,

I definitely have a JS API app setup with ASP.net front end forms authentication. There is not a lot to this if you understand ASP.net forms authentication. All you do is take your main JS appp html file and copy the contents into a new web form in ASP.net, work through all the specifics of the html dtd stuff in .Net, and add your login.aspx (best to search the web for a walk through on forms authentication). Sorry I can share the code (why else would I need authentication if it wasn't sensitive).

0 Kudos
NicholasBarger
Frequent Contributor

Ha… No I totally get it. At this point my security works fine on the Flex sites, but my new JAVA sites fail when I try to load my index.asp. Really I was looking for tips, tricks, and to confirm that the process was the same for JAVA vs Flex sites. Initially I thought it should be but then I ran into the problems.

Thanks,

~ Nick

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nick,

Are you just trying to rename your index.html to index.aspx? If that is the case then that is your issue. You need to start an asp.net website project and add a new web form and then copy the contents of the body tag in your index.html over into your new index.aspx web from.

0 Kudos