server object interceptors

Jump to solution
04-01-2015 10:21 AM
MikeKijewski
New Contributor II

Does anyone know where I can find a .Net sample for server object interceptors? I can't seem to find very much concerning server object interceptors. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

Here there is a sample in java:

mraad/ExportImageSOI · GitHub

In this code there is override to handleRESTRequest. If there is a request of 'export' and 'image' the function call custom doExportImage (watermark) otherwise follow the request from client

ExportImageSOI/ExportImageSOI.scala at master · mraad/ExportImageSOI · GitHub

View solution in original post

6 Replies
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

Here there is a sample in java:

mraad/ExportImageSOI · GitHub

In this code there is override to handleRESTRequest. If there is a request of 'export' and 'image' the function call custom doExportImage (watermark) otherwise follow the request from client

ExportImageSOI/ExportImageSOI.scala at master · mraad/ExportImageSOI · GitHub

MikeKijewski
New Contributor II

I found that solution previously, but have not been able to get it running. I received several error when trying to add the ArcObject jar file to the project and have been unable to solve the issue. I'm not to familiar with Maven, Java, or Scala so I'm probably doing something incorrectly. I was really looking for a VB or C# example since that is much more familiar to me. If you have any suggestions related to the Java version or where I can find a C# or VB example let me know. Thanks.

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

The server object interceptor functionality will available in the 10.3.1 release of ArcGIS Server

0 Kudos
MikeKijewski
New Contributor II

I have 10.3 installed. Is it possible to create an SOI in 10.3 using VB or C#?

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

No, you need 10.3.1

brianbullas
New Contributor III

If you install the ArcObjects SDK ArcObjects_SDK_for_NET_Framework_1031_145767.exe (or later?) it comes with a project that you can add to a solution in Visual Studio. It auto creates the SOI class you need to intercept with. It also creates the .SOE file on build, and places it in the bin folder to import into ArcGIS Server.

0 Kudos