postgres Client lib for arcgis desktop 10.3

Jump to solution
03-19-2015 11:15 PM
ManeshSharma
New Contributor III

Hi all

I have installed the Arcgis Desktop 10.3 and Arcgis Server Advaced 10.3 and postgres 9.3.5 but what i need is the Client Lib for postgres client lib 9.3.5 for Arcgis Desktop 10.3 so that i can paste the same in the lib folder of arcgis Desktop and use the same.

Can u provide me the link from where i can download the client lib.

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

The client libs are included in ArcGIS Desktop and Server 10.3.

You do not need to do anything but provide the correct connection information.

Connection to PostgreSQL from ArcGIS:

PostgreSQL client files are included with ArcGIS for Desktop. You need to configure the database to accept connections, and create a database connection from the Catalog tree to connect to PostgreSQL from ArcGIS for Desktop

ArcGIS for Server includes PostgreSQL client files; therefore, you do not need to download and copy PostgreSQL client files to connect.

Hope this clears up any confusion!

-George

GeodatabaseManaging Data

--- George T.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JackHardy
Esri Contributor

'PostgreSQL 9.3.5 DBMS for Windows' is available from the Additional Products section of the ArcGIS for Desktop 10.3 Download on My Esri

Jack

George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

The client libs are included in ArcGIS Desktop and Server 10.3.

You do not need to do anything but provide the correct connection information.

Connection to PostgreSQL from ArcGIS:

PostgreSQL client files are included with ArcGIS for Desktop. You need to configure the database to accept connections, and create a database connection from the Catalog tree to connect to PostgreSQL from ArcGIS for Desktop

ArcGIS for Server includes PostgreSQL client files; therefore, you do not need to download and copy PostgreSQL client files to connect.

Hope this clears up any confusion!

-George

GeodatabaseManaging Data

--- George T.
AndySmith
Esri Contributor

You can connect directly from ArcCatalog to PostgreSQL database from ArcGIS 10.3 as the client libraries are installed by default: https://community.esri.com/thread/118393