Raster Attribute Tables and Maximal Likelihood Problem

03-13-2015 11:44 AM
DanielWalters
New Contributor

I'm trying to run a 3-band (CIR) raster file through a supervised image classification process, but am running into problems with post processing and the Majority Filter tool;

I selected my training areas, defined classes, and ran the Maximal Likelihood Classification tool from the Image Classification toolbar. It generated a new raster that uses a "Stretched" color ramp. I attempted build a an attribute table for it, but this failed for reasons unknown (no error message, it just didn't work). I tried to run the Majority Filter tool, and after about twenty minutes of crunching it spat out an error 010419: Unable to build the attribute table.

I have run into this problem before, namely that when I use the Maximal Likelihood tool to make a raster, it seems unable of accommodating an attribute table. My understanding is that the output of the Maximal Likelihood tool is specifically supposed to be formatted to work with post-processing tools like Majority filter, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanielWalters
New Contributor

Note that I have checked, the raster produced by the Maximal LIkelihood tool is in fact single band, and isn't 32 bit, so again, not sure what the trouble is.

0 Kudos