With LDAP and Windows Active Directory, getting error "Failed to compute the privilege for the user..."

03-13-2015 06:51 AM
WilliamRice
Occasional Contributor II

With ArcGIS for Server 10.2, I have configured security to use LDAP with our Windows network for both the User store and Role Store.  Web Tier authentication is also configured to provide Windows Authentication for one of our installed Web Adaptors.  I have to use LDAP because only one of our seven Windows Domain Controllers in our Windows network is configured as a Global Catalog (GC) server.

With ArcGIS for Server 10.3, I am trying to use the same LDAP configuration parameters that I used with 10.2.  However, with 10.3, when I try to log into the REST endpoint with my Windows user account, I receive the following error messsages:

error1:  Error getting list of folder names. Failed to compute the privilege for the user '<MYDOMAIN>\<myusername>'. null    Source:Rest

error2:  Failed to compute the privilege for the user '<MYDOMAIN>\<myusername>'. null   Source:Admin

After I log into the REST endpoint, no folders or map services are visible.

Anyone knows what might have changed with ArcGIS Server's LDAP queries or LDAP authentication methods between ArcGIS for Server 10.2 and 10.3 ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies