Find Nearest Widget

Jump to solution
03-12-2015 02:35 AM
FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I am looking to create a "Find Nearest" widget for the Web AppBuilder. I want an input location to be defined by creating a new incident when a user clicks on the map, like in the example in the link below.

Find closest facilities | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

However, I would also like the widget to have a drop down menu that allows the user to select between different layers within the app. This will give the user more than one feature in which they can find the nearest, therefore making the app more useful and powerful. Does anyone know of any examples that I could use or any info that may be of help?

Cheers,

Finbar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Finbar, this may not be exactly what you need but perhaps its close. This is an Esri configurable app so it is out of the box - Local Perspective.​ Also Rebecca Strauch has a blog that list and provides links to several custom widgets built and shared by members of the GeoNet community, you might find something better there. Finally, Gavin Rehkemper has a Github page for consolidating a Central List of Custom Widgets. Hope this is helpful and good luck.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Finbar, this may not be exactly what you need but perhaps its close. This is an Esri configurable app so it is out of the box - Local Perspective.​ Also Rebecca Strauch has a blog that list and provides links to several custom widgets built and shared by members of the GeoNet community, you might find something better there. Finally, Gavin Rehkemper has a Github page for consolidating a Central List of Custom Widgets. Hope this is helpful and good luck.

FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the info Ben, will look into this.

0 Kudos
FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Ben that local perspective app is exactly what I am looking for!

Cheers

joerodmey
MVP Alum

Finbar Gillen‌ were you able to get the local perspective customized to do what you initially mentioned?

0 Kudos