Is it possible to set address locator properties via arcpy?

Jump to solution
02-22-2015 12:09 PM
BrandonKeinath1
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to set address locator properties, like minimum match score, before creating the address locator with arcpy?  I'm modifying them after creation in the *loc.xml file. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Brandon, it doesn't look like it. Check this link with similar discussion.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

the best way to find materials is to search with arcpy in it, for instance arcpy address locator

will get you in the ball park

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

I'm confused by this response - the link does not lead to anything specifically to do with arcpy, rather a tool, which like any tool can be called via arcpy, but as far as I can tell it does not have anything to do with setting locator properties.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Simple...to direct to the help files to see what is exposed within arcpy, which in this case is simply the access to the tools which would then lead one to see whether anything else can be found by examining the arcpy tree itself.  Most people don't know about simply access to tools through arcpy.

Addendum

to access arcpy functions   

to access arcpy classes   

Then there are additional functions and classes within each of the registered extensions

0 Kudos
BrandonKeinath1

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply.  I looked but didn't find too much related to properties.  I will do as you suggest and search using arcpy.

Brandon

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Brandon, it doesn't look like it. Check this link with similar discussion.

BrandonKeinath1

Thanks Darren,

I had seen this as I was searching for similar questions and hoped someone might have a new idea.  I was able to handle the property modifications as part of my script but still like the idea of setting them from the start.  Thanks for taking the time to look around.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

You can edit locator properties after creation by editing (in code if scripting) the.loc file component of a locator, see here:

Access existing address locator properties with arcpy 

0 Kudos