Go to XY tool in ArcMap 10.3

02-15-2015 12:23 AM
HaniDraidi
Occasional Contributor II

I could not figure out why the "Go to XY" tool does not work, I click on the tool icon, and no thing appears! It was working well with ArcMap 10.2.2 ,What might be the problem here?

Note: Product version is 10.3.0.4322

Thank you and Best Regards,

Hani

Clip_966.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

My guess is that the tool is opening off-screen. When you open the XY tool, look very closely at the edges of your screen for a sliver of new window that you may be able to drag back. Also, see this article for possible fixes to older versions - changing resolution to show more desktop area sounds promising. Otherwise, I suggest connecting to a dual monitor and dragging the window back to the center of ArcMap.

0 Kudos
HaniDraidi

Many thanks Daren for your prompt response,

Actually, I've explored the edges and found nothing, also maximized the display resolution but the dialog box did not appear, I will try your suggestion by connecting another monitor and I'll keep you posted

By the way, is there a way to prevent the dialog box from being off-screen?

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

I don't know of a way, but I'd be very interested to know, too! This is an issue for me working on dual monitors at the office, but one monitor at home via virtual desktop to the office machine - windows constantly opening off-screen on the wrong monitor.

0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

If you still can't see it, Have a look at removing your normal.mxt

From

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.3\ArcMap\Templates

(This however will reset all your folder connections, server connections and database connections etc..)

Make a copy of the normal.mxt and paste to another directory,

Remove the normal.mxt from the directory above

Open ArcMap, - See if you can view the FIND XY..

0 Kudos
HaniDraidi

Thank you John for your valuable input,

I delete the normal.mxt file from the templates folder, but still the problem is not resolved, I am not able to see the tool's dialog box

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

There could be an issue with the build. Try installing the latest build of ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop.

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location
0 Kudos
EmilianoPetrelli
New Contributor III

I've the same issue too... I've downloaded the latest build from my.esri.com but it seems not working too.

I've already delete the normal.mxt and searching aound the interface to found something but nothing.

Any other idea?

Thanks

Emiliano

0 Kudos
AndyOmmen
Esri Contributor

Hi Hani,

Did you try repairing your 10.3 ArcGIS Desktop install? In Windows, go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program, locate ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop and right click on it. Select the Uninstall/Change option and the Setup wizard should launch. Select the option to Repair and go through the wizard to start the repair process. Once complete check to see if the XY Tool initializes for you. I hope this helps.

Andy

0 Kudos
HaniDraidi

Thank you for the suggestion Andy,

I've tried repairing the software, but the problem is still present

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos