AnsweredAssumed Answered

Create Enterprise SDE programmatically

Question asked by Shade1138 on Feb 6, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2015 by asengupta-esristaff

Hi everyone@,

I'm trying to create a new Enterprise SDE through a tool I am building and I can't seem to find how.

I've looked at the documentation on how to create a new geodatabase and it makes sense but when it does mention enterprise SDE it states -

ArcSDE enterprise geodatabases are stored using separate database management system (DBMS) products. Therefore, before creating the ArcSDE geodatabase system tables and your data tables, set up the underlying DBMS. The specifics of this vary based on the type of DBMS being used.

Which seems to suggest that the database needs to be created first, before making it a SDE but I can't find any further information.

If I try the example given in Creating a geodatabase in personal or workgroup ArcSDE it crashes with a com error when I use our enterprise SQL address, if I try and connect to a local SQLExpress instance it connects which I suppose is correct since it's dealing with personal and workgroup ArcSDE.

I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to find any information about creating an enterprise SDE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank,

-Gordon

Outcomes