I have a question. I have a huge raster of my state (LANDUSE raster with various categories).
I also have a county boundary vector of each county.
1. What I want to do is clip/mask the Raster to each of the counties
2. sort of scroll through each County Record and use its geometry to run the clip/mask
3. then export each individual raster for each clip/mask.
I figured that I could use Python to grab each of the records in the County file and then run the mask/clip.
- Scroll through each of the Counties
- Get its geometry
- Run a statistics on the Raster inside the county and populate fields in the Vector Counties file
- I would have a field for each of the categories in the Raster
- The result would give the SQ Miles for each Landuse type in the specific county.
But dont know where start. Anyone have any examples?