How to develop configurable UI for a custom widget ?

01-30-2015 05:49 AM
AmeyaNatu1
New Contributor III

I am developing a widget where I am going to create configurable UI so that User can change the settings for my custom widget. I have read the following documentation.

Make widgets configurable in builder—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Deve...

However, to see the changes which I am making in configurable UI I have to restart the web app builder which is very annoying. Is there any proper guidelines or steps which we should follow while making configurable custom widget.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ameya,

One tip that a user pointed out in another thread was to create an app in WAB and then do all your code changes in that apps widget folder(i.e. server\apps\28\widgets) and not the client\stemapp\widgets this way all you have to do is refresh the browser to see the changes.

AmeyaNatu1
New Contributor III

While creating the custom widget I am following the same process which you have mentioned. However while creating configurable UI for the widget to see the changes we have to restart the web app builder. In the app of WAB we cannot get access to view the setting page of the widget therefore it is very annoying to restart the web app builder, also is there any proper way to restart the WAB ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ameya,

The way I restart WAB is close my browser tab that WAB is open in and then just close the command window that NodeJS is running in, and then double click the startup.bat again.

0 Kudos