Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I move a tour point in the Map Tour builder?

Jump to solution
01-29-2015 08:58 AM
MarkWilliams5
Deactivated User

I am building my first Map Tour story map web app using the Map Tour template in Builder mode. When I click a tour point "pin" icon on my base map, a pop-up prompts me, saying that I can move the location of the tour point. But when I try to drag the pin icon to the new location on the base map, the icon doesn't move. It stays in the same geo-location on the base map and the base map moves. What mouse and/or keyboard operations can I use to keep the base map stationary and move the tour point instead?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkWilliams5
Deactivated User

Yes, I was using Internet Explorer 11. A few weeks ago, with the help of Esri Technical Support, I got around the problem by opening the Map Tour template in my Firefox browser instead of IE11 -- then I was able to move the tour points on my Map Tour web app by just clicking on the tour point and dragging and dropping it to a new, better location. Now that I've seen your reply, I'll try using my IE11 browser later today. Thanks for your reply to my original question.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Deactivated User

We fixed a similar issue on Internet Explorer 11 in the latest release of Map Tour. Please let us know if you were not using Internet Explorer 11.

0 Kudos
MarkWilliams5
Deactivated User

Yes, I was using Internet Explorer 11. A few weeks ago, with the help of Esri Technical Support, I got around the problem by opening the Map Tour template in my Firefox browser instead of IE11 -- then I was able to move the tour points on my Map Tour web app by just clicking on the tour point and dragging and dropping it to a new, better location. Now that I've seen your reply, I'll try using my IE11 browser later today. Thanks for your reply to my original question.

TonyBatistich
Emerging Contributor

Hi Mark

To move a point in a Map Tour click on the thumbnail of the point you want to move.  A three word menu appears.

Click on Organise. Then click on the point on the map you want to move and drag it to the new location.

0 Kudos