ArcGIS online application timeout issue when adding attachments to feature

01-09-2015 11:01 AM
DaneHopkins
New Contributor II

Hey GIS friends,

I'm having an issue with ArcGIS Online and I'm hoping someone out there could shed some light on what may be occuring. I have an app that allows one of our contractors to add light features, using a Feature service, while in the field and also add a photo of the light as an attachment. The problem occurs when attaching the photo to the feature. It seems that it times out when adding a file larger than 35KB. I was able to successfully add a feature without a photo attachment and I was also able to successfully add a feature with an attachment <=35KB. Anything larger than that fails and the application and edit operation times out. Does anyone have any idea where the problem may lie?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Dane,

Are you adding attachments to an ArcGIS Server Feature Service or a hosted feature service? Do you only experience the issue when adding through an application or does the issue also occur in the Map Viewer?

Esri Technical Support‌ will be a good option to contact if you are still encountering the issue.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
DaneHopkins
New Contributor II

Kelly,

I am adding attachments to an ArcGIS Server Feature Service and the same issue occurs in the Collector and ArcGIS app as well as the Map Viewer.

Technical Support will probably be my next move. I was hoping that someone else may have experienced similar issues and have some insight.

-Dane

0 Kudos
AndyOmmen
Esri Contributor

Hi Dane,

For your AGS feature service, what are your Pooling properties set as? Specifically The Maximum time a client can use a service under the Timeouts portion of the Pooling page? If you kept the default value of 600 seconds (10 minutes) then I can't imagine it taking that long to upload more than 35KB of data. Also, check if there are any size constraints on the BLOB field within the RDBMS table. I hope this helps.

Andy

0 Kudos