Synchronization

Jump to solution
01-05-2015 02:45 PM
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

Are there any plans to speed up the synchronization process in the next release?  Currently it takes a ridiculous amount of time to connect to the feature service, even to sync just a few edits.  My field app users are used to the speed of my old home-brew method, which started sending edits to the service and/or receiving updates right away.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnttiKajanus1

Hey and happy new years,

Have you played with updateInterval parameter in SyncGeodatabaseAsync methods? By setting it smaller value, it might help with the performance if the amount of moved objects are relatively small. That value is used to check if the synchronization is completed (defaults to 30 seconds if i remember correctly) so setting it smaller will generate check more often (each check generates one HTTP call) but will help reduce overhead that is waited after the operation is finished which leads faster finish.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnttiKajanus1

Hey and happy new years,

Have you played with updateInterval parameter in SyncGeodatabaseAsync methods? By setting it smaller value, it might help with the performance if the amount of moved objects are relatively small. That value is used to check if the synchronization is completed (defaults to 30 seconds if i remember correctly) so setting it smaller will generate check more often (each check generates one HTTP call) but will help reduce overhead that is waited after the operation is finished which leads faster finish.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

Thanks for pointing that out.  Setting it to 5 seconds helped considerably.

0 Kudos