can i use a map i created with arcmap for arcgis runtime sdk for android?

12-26-2014 03:28 AM
robelalemu
New Contributor

hi.i am trying to use arcgis runtime sdk for android to do a navigation app for my final project.and i am new to arcgis at all,so i followed all the rules and installed the arcgis plugin to my eclipse and tried to run the samples.but all the samples i found fetch the map from arcgis.com,but since my connection was slow, i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to use some sample maps i created using arcmap in my project.please help me cause i cant go any further with out this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrettCassells1
New Contributor

If you open your sample map in ArcMap, you have the option of going to File -> Share As and selecting either Map Package or Service. If you want all the data accessible to do things on ArcGIS Online, then you will need to create a Map Package. If you would like to use your map as a base map, then publish the map as a service. You will need an ArcGIS Online account to do this, which is free. Your data will then be accessible online and you can choose to share it and do what you would like with it. I am not familiar with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android, so I can't help you with that.

0 Kudos
robelalemu
New Contributor

thank,but what u stated above requires arcgis 10.1 and above,but i have the 10.0 version,so can u tell me how to use it instead.any web reference or document will be very helpful.thanks.

0 Kudos
BrettCassells1
New Contributor

This link should be helpful in locating your issue. ArcGIS Desktop

0 Kudos