Select to view content in your preferred language

Cant get my custom widget into the Choose Widget Dialog

Jump to solution
11-26-2014 10:57 PM
MarkTurnbull
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I have created a custom in-panel widget following the instructions in the help. I get to the last section, "10. Deploy the widget" but when I restart node.js, the widget does not appear in the Choose Widget dialog.I have traced the calls and see that a rest search request is made back to the server when this dialog is opened, however the response does not contain a reference to my custom widget. I have checked the repoitems file and it had several references to my custom widget. I recreated repoitems file by removing it and restarting node.js. It now has only the one reference to my custom widget. I have tried restarting node.js countless times, creating new web apps countless times. I can confirm that the manifest.json file for my custom widget has the inPanel property set to true. I am using WAB beta 3. Can anyone give me any pointers to get my custom widget into the choose widget dialog.

Thanks

Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkTurnbull
Regular Contributor

Further investigations into the rest request being made helped me solve the problem. I found that the sample manifest.json that comes in the  samplewidgets\CustomWidgetTemplate folder has the 2D and 3D settings as string values (ie "true" or "false"), making these booleans (ie. true or false, no quotes) solved the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MarkTurnbull
Regular Contributor

Further investigations into the rest request being made helped me solve the problem. I found that the sample manifest.json that comes in the  samplewidgets\CustomWidgetTemplate folder has the 2D and 3D settings as string values (ie "true" or "false"), making these booleans (ie. true or false, no quotes) solved the problem.