How do I create a list of features with certain attributes in layout mode?

11-25-2014 08:58 PM
JesseMcMillan
New Contributor

First off, I'm very new to arcmap but have a general understanding and have worked with python before (although not in this application).

I have a map book that I'm using data driven pages with to display specific regions as outlined by a layer of polygons. I have another layer full of smaller polygons based on the county parcel map. Using the join feature I created a layer that has each of the parcel polygons each one has an attribute saying which of the larger region polygons it is inside.

In layout view, I want to list all the parcel polygon addresses that are within the current data driven page and have another attribute set to a specific value.

Dynamic text seems awfully rudimentary for these needs. How should I proceed?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JesseMcMillan
New Contributor

Figured out what I needed.

One approach would be to add a graphic table element, but for that I would need to purchase the production mapping extension.

Ultimately, I settled on making a python script that found all the addresses in a certain region and appended their addresses to a string, which I ultimately wrote to an attribute in the index. It was then a simple matter of using dynamic text to display that element.

0 Kudos