On licensing arcgis for server

11-19-2014 11:06 PM
Labels (1)
AnatoliiTerentiev
Occasional Contributor III

Dear Gurus!

1. There are 2 versions of the program - one WPF version, the other - Silverlight version. The number of possible users, say - 100 users. Both programs use the services arcgis for server. Which licenses should purchase organization that use  WPF program? silverlight version?

2. Is it possible  at first to buy a license for the arcgis for server only, and to use for  publication - arcgis desktop of another organization?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

For your SilverLight web application, you must license the ArcGIS Server machine.

For your WPF application, if it does not use the LocalServer then it is covered by the Basic license level. Please see the following links for more information:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/runtime-wpf/concepts/index.html#/License_your_application/017000...

Licensing ArcGIS Runtime SDKs (Java, Qt, and WPF) | ArcGIS for Developers

Cheers

Mike

AnatoliiTerentiev
Occasional Contributor III

1. Do I understand correctly that until I purchase Standard level deployment packs I will not see Standard level functionality of the Runtime SDKs even  arcgis for server and arcgis  desktop is licensed? After installing  Runtime SDK  I see the functionality only as in ArcGIS API for WPF?

2. How to install Runtime SDK templates in Visual Studio 2010?   After installing runtime SDK I saw new templates only in Visual Studio 2012/

0 Kudos