Especially for people working in Turkey, it is very necessary to have a direct ED50 - ITRF96 transformation in ArcGIS.
The attached .gtf file can be used for conversion.
Download the file into the below folder:
- \Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\ESRI\Desktop\ArcToolbox\CustomTransformations (You may need to see hidden folders to see this folder)
Then in ArcMAP, follow standard procedure for transformation.
- Open the ED50 file in ArcMAP
- From ArcTOOLBOX select Data Management - Project
- Define the input (ED_1950_UTM_Zone_35N) and output (ITRF_1996_UTM_Zone_35N)
- You will see the attached file under Geographic Transformation (optional)
p.s. For google search from Turkey - "ED50 - ITRF96 KOORDİNAT SİSTEMİ VEKTÖREL DÖNÜŞÜMÜ"