How do you limit the number of alerts?

Jump to solution
11-18-2014 02:43 PM
KDeVogelaere
Occasional Contributor

I would like to understand how to limit the number of event-triggering alerts in GeoEvent Processor.

When I add the Filter in my Service, this allowed all identified events to trigger the alert, as described in the reference material  "Introduction to GeoEvent Processor - Module 3" (page 23), but I could not get the same behavior from the Incident Detector that was described in Module 5 (page 4). I also could not figure out how to limit the alerts so that only one alert is sent when the point is inside the polygon.

GEOMETRY = Point features from ArcGIS Server (FeatureServer Service)

dev-alerts/* = GeoFence polygons from ArcGIS Server (FeatureServer Service)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KDeVogelaere
Occasional Contributor

This was resolved by adding a TRACK_ID tag to a key field in the Input Defintion; changing the opening condition to "GEOMETRY ENTER"; changing the Incident Type to "PointInTime"; and making sure the field tagged with TRACK_ID has values for all records (no null records).  It helps to delete the processor and re-create it if you change the settings and still experience the same behavior.

gep.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KDeVogelaere
Occasional Contributor

This was resolved by adding a TRACK_ID tag to a key field in the Input Defintion; changing the opening condition to "GEOMETRY ENTER"; changing the Incident Type to "PointInTime"; and making sure the field tagged with TRACK_ID has values for all records (no null records).  It helps to delete the processor and re-create it if you change the settings and still experience the same behavior.

gep.png