Arcpy Crashes on GpMetadataFunctions.DLL with Quick Import Tool

11-12-2014 06:34 PM
HenryK
by
New Contributor II

Hi,

Python / Arcpy crashes when I tried to run the Quick Import (data interop) tool, using ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.2.

I opened DOS command and run the following:

c:\Python27\ArcGISx6410.2\python.exe c:\GIS\Temp\QuickImportTest.py

where the Python script is exactly the same as this sample provided by Esri here:

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Python crashes with the following message:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'GpMetadataFunctions, Version=10.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file spec

ified.

File name: 'GpMetadataFunctions, Version=10.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fc3cc631e44ad86'

at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase,Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)

at GetManagedType(Char* _assembly, Char* _path, Char* _className)

What's going on there, Esri???

I have the data interop extension checked out with a borrowed advanced desktop license, with Windows 2008 R2 64-bit.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThomasGassner
Esri Contributor

If the problem is still present. Why you are using Python 64 Bit? Change path to 32 Bit Python Exe.

Kind regards

0 Kudos