Bug: iOS, ArcGIS SDK 10.2.4, AGSMapView:  locationDisplay symbol doesn't display correctly for autopanMode state after map reset

11-05-2014 08:26 AM
JonNolen
New Contributor

I don't know if this is the correct place to report a bug.  If it isn't please let me know where I should go to report them. Below is the write up and a link to a   sample iOS project that replicates.  Thanks.

The first time a map view is configured with a base layer, when you turn on location (call startDataSource and set autoPanMode to AGSLocationDisplayAutoPanModeDefault), the blue location icon shows up correctly. When you turn on compass mode (change autoPanMode to AGSLocationDisplayAutoPanModeCompassNavigation), the map rotates based on bearing and the blue icon changes to one with a cone indicating current orientation. Turn off location (set autoPanMode back to AGSLocationDisplayAutoPanModeOff and call stopDataSource), the blue icon disappears.

If you then release the map and then initialize it again (using the buttons on the screen), then turn on location (call startDataSource and set autoPanMode to AGSLocationDisplayAutoPanModeDefault), the blue icon correctly shows up. However, when you turn on compass mode again the blue icon does not change to the compassnavigation symbol, but the map DOES rotate.

Variations of this are if the location services are in compas navigation mode when you release and initialize the map then you will always get the compass navigation symbol instead of the normal location symbol, despite the map behaving correctly otherwise.

I've made a sample project that replicates this issue.

jonnolen/arcgis_location_symbol_bug · GitHub

details on how to replicate and the above write up are included in the README.md file at the root of the repo.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies