Opening ThisDocument module in VBA crashes ArcMap

08-26-2010 09:02 AM
ShawnHolyoak
Occasional Contributor
Whenever I try and open the ThisDocument module in an mxd, ArcMap crashes.  This is for mxds created at 9.3.1 that have been opened and saved in 10.  The only thing I want to do is to delete all the VBA code, since I've converted the functionality to a .Net addin.  What could be going wrong?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RyanCoodey
Occasional Contributor III
Hey Shawn,

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you... but wanted to report that I am trying to help one of our users solve this exact same problem.  Everytime he double clicks to open ThisDocument it crashes.  Other maps of his he can open it just fine, but just this map crashes every time.
0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
You could try to run the MXD through MXD Doctor? I suggest you back up the file before you do that just in case it blitzes it. It's a tool under the Desktop Tools group if you are using version 10.

Duncan
0 Kudos
RyanCoodey
Duncan,

Great idea, thanks!  I ran it through the MXD doctor and the fixed map unfortunatly still crashes though :(.  Thanks for the great idea though!
0 Kudos
RyanCoodey
Update, I lied... MXD Doctor did work!

The first time under the treatment options I left the "Transfer all non broken" option checked.  I unchecked this and check all the boxes except for the "VBA Project" one (which I assume strips out the old VBA then) and it works now!

Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos