Oracle table with a lat and long column displayed on map in operations dashboard

10-10-2014 11:26 AM
MatthewTownsend
New Contributor II

I have an oracle table with lat and long data in it among other fields (including status, priority, deadline, and work type).  We want to user to be able to switch between 4 different views of the data each one symbolizing the feature based on status, priority, deadline, or work type).  We are looking for the best way to do this.

The design that someone came up with so far is to

1) Setup the GeoEvent processor to monitor the table and add/remove/update features to/from a feature table based on changes.

2) Publish the feature to one or more map services so that the items show as desired for each view.

One issue I have run into is that the GeoEvent processor does not seem to take a non-feature table as input.  Is this possible?

Does anyone have a good best practice for implementing this overall design (i.e., are we heading down the right path)?

I did see a Dev Summit demo that showed creating a custom tool that created a graphics layer based on lat long in a csv file.  I think I could easily write something that does the same from a non-feature table published in a map service.  But our client would prefer no custom code if possible.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies