Question on combining layers

10-02-2014 10:35 AM
AndrewCalhoun
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I have 2 adjacent layers that I would like to combine into a new layer that will display properties from both of the original layers. Each layer is a Euclidean Distance layer that had a simple regression applied to it to take the x value, distance from reef crest, and return a y value, ratio of coral:halimeda. The layers consist of a Northern and Windward Region, and each layer has a different equation applied to it. I want to join these layers in a way that cells closer to the joining edge will return a value that reflects a combination of both equations, and as you move further from the center the cells will return values that are more weighted towards the output of either the Northern or Windward equations respectfully. Any thoughts on how to do this? I added a graphic that displays the 2 layers I wish to join.

Much Thanks!

Andrew

Illustration.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Maybe the "Mosaic To New Raster (Data Management)" with the BLEND mosaic method comes close to what you are trying to obtain:

BLEND —The output cell value of the overlapping areas will be a horizontally weighted calculation of the values of the cells in the overlapping area.

Kind regards, Xander