Adding Links

Jump to solution
09-29-2014 02:12 PM
TimMarquardt
New Contributor

It appears that the functionality for adding links (under the Attributes tab) is not working.  I enter a URL and every link opens a new browser tab opening to a blank page.  Any help??

Thanks !

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

When you click "Add New Link" the first thing that you are specifying is the text that will appear in the link, next you double click on the "Double click to edit link URL" and this is where you enter the URL. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

When you click "Add New Link" the first thing that you are specifying is the text that will appear in the link, next you double click on the "Double click to edit link URL" and this is where you enter the URL. Hope this helps.

TimMarquardt
New Contributor

That was too easy!  Thanks!!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glad to help. Now it is your turn to help the community by marking this question as answered. All you have to do is click the "Correct Answer" link (the one with the little green star) on the post that provided the answer for you. If the answer was not provided by one of the responders then you can mark any of the replies that you received as helpful by clicking on the "Actions" menu and choosing "Mark as Helpful"

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I'm totally piggy backing off this thread but wanted to ask a related question...

It's easy to add links and easy to add them in the WAB Developer edition. But, can you change the font style of these links? Particularly just putting in an underline (or changing the color)?

"links":[
    {
      "url": "http://www.arcgis.com",
      "label": "ArcGIS Online"
    }
  ],

This is in the config.json file.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adrian,

sure just add this css rule to your chosen themes common.css file:

.jimu-link:link, .jimu-link:visited {

text-decoration: underline;

}

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Robert,

You're the best. I'll try this out tomorrow. Thanks!

Edit: Worked like a charm! Thanks again Robert.

0 Kudos