Loading tif files fast.

09-16-2014 04:17 AM
TorbenWiggerich
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to load raster images (*.tif) to the map. The solution I did is extremly slow. So waiting for a 800x600 image nearly 4 seconds is too much. The problem is somehow the code around it, because loading an image of 6400x6400 nearly needs the same time.

I basically used the way, how to load a tif file, from the following link: https://developers.arcgis.com/qt/sample-code/local_raster_sample.htm

The problem is that in this solution I would always have to run the EsriRuntimeQt::LocalMapService for each file. I can't start more than one thread, because the LocalMapService tells me that a thread has already been started. Starting the LocalMapService is what needs so much time, I think.

Any suggestions what I can do?

I actually was looking around and found the Mosaic datasets. This seems to be the way I should go. But where can I find it?

In the SDK for the ArcGIS I only have a MosaicRule, but I can't give him the images (*.tif). Are there any examples on how to use this class?

With kind regards

Torben

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Torben,

Have you tried creating a Map Package that contains your tif image? That would be the better approach than dynamically trying to add the image through the LocalServer. There really isn't a way to optimize the loading of it at the present time, the way you are doing it. We are working on a solution to mitigate this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos