ArcGIS.com Editing a Feature Service on an Internal Network

09-12-2014 01:42 PM
SamJenkins1
New Contributor III

Can anyone help with this error in Internet Explorer? The feature service is indeed on a local network ("<servername>.<domain>.local/arcgis...."), but so is my machine. ArcGIS.com has no problem getting to the service URL in Firefox. Is there an IE setting I can change to give it access?

Cheers

Sam

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

HI Sam,

I'm not able to see the entire image you attached so I can't see the error, but will throw this out there.  We have had a range off issues using IE 11, and some issues we had a fix for with  IE 10, so have gone back to IE 9.  Most of our issues where within the network too, including just trying to fire up arcgis.  if  that is an option,you might want to give it a try.  Ie you need the fix for IE 10, let me know....I have it posted on my wall at the office.

0 Kudos
SamJenkins1
New Contributor III

Rebecca,

Thanks for your suggestion. I've attached a clipped image of the error pop-up in case others cant see the previous image. I hate to be the contrarian, but I just tried out IE versions 8-10 and 10 is the one that works. Time to poke IT for an upgrade?

Cheers

Sam

EditingError.png

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sam, that isn't an error that I've ever personally seen, but glad that you were able to find a version that works.  but, seems to me IE 11 (and 8..and probably prior) are the most troublesome ones.

0 Kudos