ERROR 010429:Error in GRID IO: S_VXfer: Read error.

09-10-2014 04:14 AM
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

Hi, I would like to create a Flow Direction using a Mosaic Dataset output. When trying to run the Fill process, I got the error messgae "ERROR 010429:Error in GRID IO: S_VXfer: Read error.". This error appeared when the percentage of completion is already in 99% which is very frustrating cause normally, when there is an error in Fill/Flow process, error occured right away or a few minutes but would not take about 40hrs running it and reaching 99%. Any input or suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Try zooming into a small extent.  Then, open the Flow Direction tool and click on Environments > Processing Extent.  Set this to 'Same as Display'.  Execute the tool and see if it will create a flow direction raster for the small extent. 

Also, what type of output raster are you trying to create (i.e. ESRI GRID, TIFF, IMG)?

0 Kudos
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

I am trying to create IMG. I tried the full extent and follow the settings you said but there still an error.

ERROR 999999: Error executing function.

The table was not found. [VAT_unified_flow]

("esri.Envelope") The operation was attempted on an empty geometry.

ERROR 010032: Unable to create the scratch grid c:\users\edm~1.use\appdata\local\temp\3\arc61d8\xx0217420000.

ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.

Failed to execute (FlowDirection).

0 Kudos
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

Hi.. Anyone please who could provide inputs and suggestions on how to resolve said error? Thanks!

0 Kudos
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

Appreciate any inputs  guys in resolving error in creating fill/flow for big files of DEM. Thanks!

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I would recommend logging an incident with Tech Support.  They will be able to trouble shoot this error and find you a solution.