Long Integer & Double datatypes

09-09-2014 12:29 PM
JaromHlebasko
Occasional Contributor III

I'm relatively new to Dashboard and I am trying to use some hosted Feature Services from my ArcGIS Online for Organizations account and for some reason when I am wanting to add a widget, I do not see any of my data types that are double or long integer. Does Dashboard only support short integer data types?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Jarom,

Dashboard should be showing all of your fields.  Is it a specific widget?  Pictured here is the feature details widget and I see all of the Fields.

fieldsoftype.png

Mark

0 Kudos
JaromHlebasko
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Mark, yes I am referring to specific widgets such as the bar or pie chart widgets. I have double and long integer fields but I do not see them but when I add a short integer field, I see it. Why would the widgets not honor any type of number field?

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

It could be subtype.   The Pie chart widget for example does not show fields that are defined as subtypes.

You can check this in dashboard by defining a Query Definition in the Map Widget settings.

subtype.png

Dashboard will also consider the field used to symbolize the feature service a subtype if you used a unique value renderer in ArcMap and then published the service from ArcMap.

uniquevalues.png

So in the above instance when trying to create a pie chart in Dashboard the Float field will not be available, as the service has tagged it as being a "subtype".

Mark