AnsweredAssumed Answered

Instagram - trouble getting nested JSON attributes

Question asked by sjacksonesriaustralia-com-au-esridist Employee on Aug 15, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 4, 2014 by geonetadmin
Got the Instagram-10.2.0 connector wired up and ran through the tutorial. Everything works as expected.

Wanted to take it a step further, and get images.standard_resolution.url written to a field in my featureclass via the add feature adapter/feature service. This will allow me to show the images in a popup via ArcGIS Online.

However, it seems like there is a problem getting to this nested JSON attribute.

The output for the rest of the fields is coming through, just not for images.standard_resolution.url (refer to Null_Data_Coming_Through.png)

From checking the output JSON, I can see that this is coming through ok (refer to ExampleOutput.json)

With the field mapper, I can successfully pick the images.standard_resolution.url without any hackery (refer to FieldMapper.png and FieldMapper_ChooseField.png), but when I check the TCP output which is after it has been field mapped, this field is not coming through.

Output:
Received Event : InstagramFeed,08/16/2013 11:02:33 AM,http://instagram.com/p/dDg40svwmE/,sneakernews,,You'll s
ee it only here - LeBron 11 #BeautyShots. See it only on Sneakernews.com,"-73.999159003,40.718064088,0.0"

Note the empty gap between the two commas.

I have replicated this on two machines, and was wondering if someone had an idea on how to resolve this?

Outcomes