AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bug in edit tracking fields for feature service?

Question asked by geonetadmin on Jan 22, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 14, 2014 by gyetmanesri-ca-esridist
Original User: gyetman

Hi,

I published a feature service based on a point feature class in a File Geodatabase from Desktop 10.2. The feature class has both range and coded value domains. I enabled editing with the option to update feature attributes only, and enabled the Track edits option. When I update a feature it appears that the information is tracked but access to it is inconsistent. In the web map, the pop up shows "Edited by [username] seconds ago", or xx minutes, depending on the delay before I check. My username is shown in the 'Editor' field, and the correct date is shown in the EditDate field but no time is displayed. If I open the attribute table in the web map, the date and my user name is displayed, but the time is not shown. If I add the feature service to ArcMap, the attribute table (and identify results) do not show my username in the Editor field (it is blank), and no date is shown in the EditDate field. All of the EditDate field values are the same: 12:00:00 AM.

I tested updating the features from the generic AGOL web viewer, Desktop (10.2), and Collector. All three show the same behaviour.

I've attached screenshots of the same record as shown in the pop-up, Desktop attribute table, and web attribute table.

I need to display the user, date and time in Desktop, or at least in the web map attribute table, to meet app requirements. Is there any method to do so?

Greg

Attachments

Outcomes