Portal for ArcGIS Extesion Licensing Problem?! - Server Geoportal?

11-11-2013 08:17 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Schlomm

Hello all,
Today I've installed the Portal for ArcGIS Extension, but I have some problems starting the Portal. Just to make it clear: I want to have something similar to ArcGIS Online (like using user-managment, map gallery...)
Some basic information:

• Windows Server 2012 with ISS8

• ArcGIS Server 10.2

• Of course I've fulfilled the necessary steps like opening the ports, creating a ssl certificates, enabling https, bind the ssl certificate to port 443.

I've also licensed the Portal Extension, but for whatever reason the portal's startpage show me the following error:
Software Authorization
Portal for ArcGIS does not have a valid license. For instructions on how to authorize the software, see the help topic Authorizing Portal for ArcGIS on Windows or Linux.

Once authorization is complete, please open the Portal for ArcGIS website.
See attachment pictture 1.
So...there might be some error in the licensing step or recognizing, that there is a valid license, but I don't get any errors. The licensing-process went well, and it seems, it worked, but unfortunately I get the above mentioned message (see attachment picture 2).
I've also run the authorization process twice, restart the ArcGIS Portal Service, restart the Webserver, restart the whole Server - no sucess. Still same message.
Any tipps?

Cheerio

Edit: �?hhmmm...I think, I've realized the error: I've try to use an "ArcGIS Geoportal Extension"-Authorization Number for the "Portal for ArcGIS Extension". 😕
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThomasMontefusco
Occasional Contributor II
Portal licenses are not automatically supplied on the Customer Care portal, you have to make a request to Customer Service for the license. If difficulty, contact your Account Manager.
0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

I've been banging my head against the wall on this for an hour.  Thanks for the info.  Esri, please update your docs and portal software authorization page to reflect this.

0 Kudos