AnsweredAssumed Answered

Create Direct Database Connection: SQL Server 2008

Question asked by Playa on May 16, 2013
Latest reply on May 16, 2013 by geonetadmin
I've never had to connect to an enterprise database (SQL Server 2008) before and please note the database that I'm trying to connect to is not a spatial database. I want to connect to the following database to retrieve records that I can generate spatial data from. The records are of Police incidents that contain coordinates of the location of each incident and the particulars of the incident. I want to use the following information to start analyzing  crime.

I've been provided with the IP Address of the SQL Server (2008)  as well as a User Name and Password .

When I try to create a database connection from within ArcCatalog I receive the following error message:

I've attached a print screen of the database connection parameters that I'm entering as well as the error message.

I have asked the Database Administrator to change the compatibility of the particular database that I'm trying to connect to (IMSWarehouse) to level 90 (SQL Server 2005), but I still receive the same error.

Any advice in how I can create a direct connection to the following database will be appreciated.

Regards

NB: I'm currently running ArcGIS 10.1 with SP1

Outcomes