Registering Database

02-11-2013 09:57 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: edsnyder2

What do I got to do, to get my database registered. It keeps giving me error after error. I think its something to do with permissions, but I dont know where it wants me to change it. help!!!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rlwatson

I have an enterprise geo-database (Oracle).  I created a SDE connection file to it which has persisted credentials using ArcCatalog.  I also verify/validation the connection in ArcCatalog.  Next I run ArcGIS Server Manager and register the database using the SDE connection file.  It works without problems for  me.

In my case I am using database credentials and have implemented custom ASP.NET provider for ArcGIS Server so that it also uses database credentials.  My goal was to have a single set of credentials which were share by both desktop and server.
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
What type of data is it?  File based, such as feature class or shapefile, or SDE data?  If you're using file based data, is the data on the machine where ArcGIS Server is installed?  If it's SDE, are you connecting with OS Authentication or DB?  Take a look at this resource for some information on permissions and data stores.
0 Kudos