Conflict with spatial references in feature services

01-04-2013 04:46 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: asneuvon

Hello,

I'm having weird trouble in publishing feature services with the spatial reference I want to use. the new ArcGIS 10.1 automatically gives the services an reference system ID 102139, although I have created them based on system 3067 (EPSG). This makes the services unusable if the spatial reference system of the Map in the service is defined as 3067. For example, when I try to zoom to a feature from the service (having this new mysterious WKID 102139) I get the following error:

"Invalid spatial reference. Spatial reference must match map's spatial reference. Clear the map layers collection prior to changing the spatial reference."

Below two images: first showing how the coordinate system is defined in the mxd (data frame) used for publishing the service and the second showing the resulting spatial reference at the REST of the service.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20443[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20441[/ATTACH]

Any suggestions as to how I should resolve this? I do not want to change the WKID of the map in my application to the new 102139, as this will prevent it from using the WMS services that only support 3067.

Rapid help would be very welcome, as we should publish our application next week...

Kind regards,
Samuli Neuvonen
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ciava.at

see http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/38515-Invalid-spatial-reference

in 10.1 you have wkid and latestWkid http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/rest/apiref/geometry.html -> you see 102139 (3067) -> oldwkid (wkid)  if oldwkid != wkid
0 Kudos
samulineuvonen
New Contributor
Your reply has absolutely no use for me and the links provided are irrelevant.

The problem is that ArcGIS Server automatically sets certain WKID on it's own and I have no control over this. ArcGIS Server Silverlight applications and services are also incapable of understanding synonymous coordinate systems.

The only way we were able to solve this problem was by setting the Map elements coordinate system to the new WKID and using a proxy to manipulate the requests sent to outside map services so that the requests use the old WKID.

I believe ESRI should do something about this and we will be contact with the national representative.

SN
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ciava.at

To ensure backward compatibility with older spatial data servers, the JSON wkid property will always be the value that was originally assigned to an SR when it was created. The original was 102139 so you need workaround. For wms you can set ListSupportedCRS.
0 Kudos
ErnieSalazar
New Contributor III
Has anyone been able to figure this out?  I have the same problem with Spatial Reference: 102711  vs 3424.  I create a layer in 10.1 and it says "Spatial Reference: 102711  (3424)" so now my silverlight fails to load the layer because it expects 3424 but see 102711.  Really annoying.  I tried WMS but can seem to figure out how to form the request right.

Thanks
Ernie
0 Kudos