Need help Adding a WFS layer within ArcMap

03-11-2012 06:48 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: kinasimmons

I am using a licensed version of the data interoperability extensions version 10.  The WFS layer tables are populated successfully within ArcCatalog.  However, when I try to add the layer onto the base Map within ArcMap, the region on my layer never displays on top of the area in the World Map.  Can anyone provide some help?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: tereshenkov

Kina,

1) What is the source of your data which is published via WFS service?

2) Can you make sure that the data's coordinate system and spatial extent are properly defined? By data here I mean data which is available via WFS service as well as data which is you have in your ArcMap document.

3) Is it a public WFS service the link to which you could share? If yes, I could test to add in ArcMap document with some other layers to see what happens.

You can try to add some other public WFS service just to see if there is something wrong with your ArcMap document and underlying data's spatial extent. Please try to establish a connection to this WFS service (covers the whole Canada):

http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswfs_gmap?version=1.0.0&request=getcapabilities&service=wfs

and see if this can be overlayed with data from your ArcMap document.
0 Kudos