AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to start SDE instance after Oracle export/import of SDE

Question asked by geonetadmin on Dec 5, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2011 by geonetadmin
Original User: aguan@hess.com

We have a data vendor who delivers complete SDE data through the traditional Oracle export utility (10.2). We received an Oracle export file that has two schemas, SDE and PODs. The PODS is the business data. The SDE data is in ArcSDE 9.3.1 with no SPs. Following their instructions, I imported SDE schema first following by PODS. The imports went well with no problem at all. But when I tried to start the sde instance (on Linux) using "sdemon -o start", I got this error:

SQL Stmt: <ALTER TYPE st_domain_methods COMPILE BODY>

WARNING: Type st_domain_methods did not compile!

ERROR in creating system stored procedures.
Error: -51

DBMS error code: 24344
ORA-24344: success with compilation error

Could not start ArcSDE -- Check Network, $SDEHOME disk, DBMS settings and dbinit.sde.

I checked SDE.st_domain_methods type body. It is invalid, and when I compiled it, it gave this error:

PLS-00538: subprogram or cursor 'ODCIINDEXSTART' is declared in an object type specification and must be defined in the object type body.

I see there are 3 overloaded ODCIINDEXSTART functions in SDE.st_domain_methods type header, and also there are 3 matched ODCIINDEXSTART functions in the type body so I don't know why it complains about mismatched header and body.

The vendor never saw this error before.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Allen

Attachments

Outcomes