Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Attributes not displaying after app update on iPads

11-16-2011 07:47 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Nodak

In previous versions of ArcGIS for iPad users were able to view attributes for specific spots on our maps [pop-ups enabled in Arcgis.com].  After a recent application update on the iPad only shows address information.

Can this functionality be restored?  Our field users are no longer getting the use out of this product like they were before.   I did not maintain a copy of the old version for redistribution.

I'll attach some before and after pics.

Regards,

LK
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Do your features have an Object ID present? and is there any security being used?
Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We did not publish the map with the Object ID attribute.  We can if it's needed, but it worked fine before without it.  Do we need it?

As for the security, I'm not sure what you are referring to.  We have the map view-able to anyone who can log on to our "Nodak" account.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
For security I was referring to the services being published with basic/digest/token security enabled.

I think the issue is the lack of an object id. This currently implementation requires an object id to be able to query your data. There was a stability issue with features that lacked an object ID. Without the object ID the layer is failing to load completely and that is why pop-ups are not working. If you can enable the object ID( OBJECTID (Type: esriFieldTypeOID, Alias: OBJECTID)) then popups should work.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awesome, it works now.  Thanks a bunch for the info, I would never have guessed a missing attribute was the culprit.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Not a problem. Glad that everything is working out for you.
Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos