REST Service directory problem (ARCGIS SERVER 10)

08-16-2010 09:14 PM
JasonNielsen
Occasional Contributor
Been trying to upgrade to ARCGIS server 10 and i have uninstalled all of our 9.3.1 software. After installing and configuring our server with the .NET, web services and ADF software. My problem is when you go to the REST Service directory nothing shows up. It says page not found.

I can go in to ARCCATALOG and create a service but when you try to browse to the service directory it just say page not found. The Manager works fine and you can create a service in there and still nothing shows up.

I have been able to create an application in .net and the services are there. When 9.3.1 was running on the server i never had this problem.

I do not get any errors during the installation.

My hope is somebody in the forums has had this issue in installing ARCSERVER 10 and figured out what could be causing it or had a suggestion.

Thanks,

Jason Nielsen
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MatthewStone
New Contributor
Jason, I am experiencing this issue too, however, I have not installed the web ADF.  I am thinking it is a permissions issue yet I haven't looked at the permissions yet for all the virtual pieces within IIS.  Specifically the rest config.  Keep posting if you find something, and I will as well

Matthew
0 Kudos
JasonNielsen
Occasional Contributor
Well we got it to work and this is what we did. It might be a little overkill, but it seemed to fix our problems.

Removed all ARC 10 software that was installed.
Rebooted the server.
Reinstalled 9.3.1 ArcServer
Created a REST Service in ArcCatalog
Verified that the REST service directory worked.
Created a FLEX application using that REST service to verifiy the map works correctly.
After arcserver 9.3.1 was working correctly again, we uninstalled arcserver with the ARCSERVER 10 DVD.
Rebooted the server.
Installed Arc Server 10.
For some reason it put the default instance at my C Drive instead of the default website so i moved it to my default. (I've never had it do that before.)
In IIS check to make sure the application paths of the REST and other services pointed to the new location.
Restart IIS
Ran the post install for Arc Server.
Installed the Web Services and ADF
Ran the post install for those.
Rebooted the server
Created a new REST service using ARC Catalog
Check and the REST service directory and it FINALLY worked in ARC 10. 🙂
0 Kudos