Save and Save As Errors

06-20-2011 10:57 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: EpworthMaps

I have created a map with 13 layers without any issues. I cannot save another layer, see errors attached. Is there a limit?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mikem

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are looking into it...

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Returning to my earlier project, I was asked if I wanted to restart in 32-bit mode. After replying Yes, the tool continued, and allowed me to make several saves of new layers. At a new session the following day, without being questioned about 32-bit mode, I was able to save one time before getting the save errors again.

I'm wondering if your server-farm images are consistent, resulting in inconsistent performance for different login sessions.

Frustrated.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
When did you last try to save this map? The ArcGIS.com site was updated last night at 8pm PDT and this issue was addressed. Can you try again now? The problem is that the web map is too large. We increased the size limit, but maybe not enough.

What exactly is the 32 bit mode you're talking about? Is the web browser prompting you? What web browser are you using?

If you still have the same issue, can you share your web map publicly and post the URL to it on this forum?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

32 bit mode

• The 32 bit mode message appears on the FireFox browser, when launching the Explorer Online from ArcGis.com

• I do not get this message with Safari.[/INDENT]

Save Error

• After more lost work, I have noted that the save error is after my ArcGis.com parent session timed out, while I was actively working in the Explorer Online. I assume this is due to loss of an authentication thread.

• A session timeout warning would be nice.

• I have been working in both apps because of missing tools between the versions. ArGis.com to create a layer and Explorer Online to duplicate a map note.

• Dimensioning/sizing of the symbols would be nice Also.

Other quirks to fix:

• Use opacity or transparency consistently between tools.

• The free-hand draw node symbols have the opposite functionality between the tools: moving or adding nodes.

• Decide where you want 'My Content' and leave it there. Back and forth between top and bottom will not make the users happy.

Steve Hunt
0 Kudos