New Schematic Diagram form is different

06-01-2011 12:52 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: MalParnell

I am trying to create a schematic diagram, ArcMap Version 10, SP2.

The Generate New Schematic Diagram tool form is different to that shown in the documentation. (first attached image)

While I'm presuming that the Generate Diagram From dropdown takes the place of the Input From list, there is nothing available in the dropdown to generate the diagram from. As the documentation doesn't match the actual tool, it's impossible to determine why nothing appears in the list. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a problem with the tool.

This is different to that in the documentation here (see second attached image)

Strangely enough, if I run the tool in the ElecDemo.mxd sample at C:\arcgis\ArcTutor\Schematics\Schematics_In_ArcMap then the form is the same as the doco. (see third attached image)

How can this be? I assume I'm doing something wrong. :confused: My data is in a file geodatabase with a geometric network defined.

Thanks for any assistance.

Mal
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
Is this a blank (empty) map document?  Is there a selection in the map?  Are you using the standard builder and working with a geometric network?  Lot's of questions before we can help.  Take a look at this post to see if it helps find the issue.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this a blank (empty) map document?  Is there a selection in the map?  Are you using the standard builder and working with a geometric network?

No, yes, yes (I think), and yes. But ...

Take a look at this post to see if it helps find the issue.

It sure does thankyou Rick!!!! 😄 A very succinct description of the process. I had played with schematics at 9.3.1 and shelved that pending the changed at 10. I've only just got back on that task now.

Thanks ESRI Schematis team for the massive changes for 10. :cool:
0 Kudos
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
Don't thank us yet until your sure it works 😄

Let me know if there is something else I can help you with.
randerson@esri.com
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't thank us yet until your sure it works 😄

Already tried it before I posted! The process you described took all of 2 minutes - and that included coffee. 🙂
0 Kudos