Errors when saving data with Distributed GeoDatabases

05-25-2011 02:57 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: luke@riamobilegis.com.au
Original Date: 2011-05-25T15:57:49-0600

Hi,

I am having intermittent problems with saving edits in both personal and file GeoDatabases. The error message that I am getting is:

Unable to save edits.
General function failure [SW_Blocks]
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'OBJECTID IN (151725, 153715, 154418, ... etc.)'.

We have been working on this project for the last couple of months, and have not had any problems until the last couple of weeks, when we have started using ArcSDE Replication. We have our core database sitting in ArcSDE (SQL Server). We then check out one personal and one file geodatabase to send to contractors. It is in these databases that we are having problems.

We are all using ArcGIS 10, with version 10 GeoDatabases (and SDE). I have installed SP2 and am unable to reproduce the error. The contractors (people who are having the problems) have not yet installed SP2.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem/can shed any light as to why it is happening. I will get SP2 installed on the contractors machines and see how that goes. Any help though would be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: lukepaine

Quick update on this one, we have installed SP2 on the various computers that were having the problems, and it seems to have fixed the problem.
0 Kudos