Error during Run of Schematic Model

03-30-2011 04:28 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: nomeus

Dear ArcGIS-Professionals,

i try to generate a schematic diagram out of a busline network with the model builder.
During the Run of the Model, there is an error which tells me, that the file
already exists - even if i rename the output name of the diagram.
After enabling the "overwrite" function of the geoprocessing options,
the problem is the same.
Before i start running the model, the output folder (a schematic datatset) is empty.

I don`t find a reason for this problem. Does anybody has an idea?

I attached some screenshots to better understand my problem:
- My schematic Model
- Geoprocessing options
- Error notice of the "create diagram" tool in the model
- Error during the run

Best regards,
Stefan
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefan_Arndt
Esri Contributor
Additional Information:
I can save the solved route as a seperated shapefile and it looks correct.
So, until this step everything is fine i think.
0 Kudos
Stefan_Arndt
Esri Contributor
I found out, that the problem is already in the step of solving the route with the modelbuilder (load location tool) instead of choose the stops manually. Does anybody know if if there is an essential difference? Or has anybody experience with it?

For instance:
When i add the Network Dataset to my Data Frame, then Create a new Route and pick a few points with my mouse. Then i click the solve button and see the solved route. I can use this route to create a schematic diagram.

On the other hand, when i use the load location tool to solve the route (like the procedure in the modelbuilder), on the first view the result looks very similar. Of course instead of choosing the stops of the route manually, this were chosen out of the points in the shapefile. But i already tried to put the graphic picks exactly at the same position (as good as possible) like the points out of the shapefile.
The solved route seems to be exactly the same! But to create an Diagram out of it is impossible. I don`t know why.
I tried it with 2 Network Datasets and different Point-Shapefiles.

The Point-Shapefiles in my test only consists 6 Points, which were directly connected to an edge on the ND. But additionally the Tolerance and Snapping Function are activated. I`m using ArcGIS Desktop 10.

Does anybody know where the (internal?) difference in the solved route is, between choosing the stops manually (graphic pick) and with "load location tool" (+ point- shapefile) ?
0 Kudos
Stefan_Arndt
Esri Contributor
Still the same Problem, but more information:

When i want to create the Diagram with a solved route, there are different ways to choose the stops of the route:

1.) When i use Graphic Picks (chosen manually) --> It works
2.) When i use a self-created Shapefile with manually chosen points + Load Location tool --> It works

3.) When i use a Shapefile with randomly chosen stops out of the original Busstop-Databse + load location tool --> The error occurs.

But the route can always be solved and looks fine!
I can`t understand this problem and have no idea how this can happen ...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: 4233

See the response on the duplicated thread in Geoprocessing
0 Kudos