Problems installing IIS Web adapter for AGS 10.2.2 ?

09-08-2014 08:58 AM
SteveStearns
New Contributor II

I am trying to install IIS web adapter for both Portal and AGS.  The security certificates are there and you can hit the main IIS pages.  The Portal adapter installed without issue.  The AGS adapter gets "

"Failed to get administrator token from the GIS server. Please verify that the GIS Server URL specified can be accessed successfully"

Has anybody seen this before?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MeganBirch
New Contributor III

Steve,

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?  I am encountering the same problem and am curious if/how you were able to do it.  Like you, the installation seemed to go through fine, but we are having trouble with getting the "failed to get administrator token" error in the configuration step.

Thanks,

Megan

0 Kudos
SteveStearns
New Contributor II

We had a variety of problems with 10.2.2.  We have a hosted, federated Portal associated with this AGS, along with windows authentication.  Our SDE EGDB was not the right version, but our biggest issue turned out to be a SMS security patch that messed with our Windows-authentication.  A subsequent patch from Microsoft fixed the fix.  I wish I could tell you precisely which patch number was the winner, but our security team puts on about a dozen of them per month.  We have since upgraded to version 10.3, which has problems of its own.

0 Kudos