AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting up OGC (e.g., WFS) authentication on ArcGIS Server 10.2 on AWS Linux

Question asked by pvaziri@whitestar.com on Sep 8, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 13, 2018 by gcollinsesri-ireland-ie-esridist

Hi,

I've been hunting around for what I thought would be an easy answer.  Does anyone know, or know of a resource that I can access, which lets me assign users/passwords to potential WFS or WMS users?  Currently, once a service is locked for private access via ArcGIS Server Manager, the only way you can access it is via the default service mapping capability via ArcGIS Server and not WMS or WFS.  I need to be able to expose my OGC web services to a limited set of user accounts.

I know that the "help" says that I'm to rely on knowing how to set up HTTP Basic or HTTP Digest for OGC service authentication since it is decoupled from ESRI's ArcGIS Server implementation.  However, I'm having a difficult time finding where to find files like .htaccess. 

I'm running ArcGIS Server 10.2 on an AWS EC2 linux box.  The web server is server is listed as cloudflare-ngnix and I have no clue about how it works.  So...I'm thinking that since this isn't a straight-forward Apache config edit operation, it is currently above my head.

Does anybody have experience setting up OGC web mapping service authorization running ArcGIS Server 10.2 within an EC2 AWS Linux environment?  I'd just love a step-by-step guide.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Outcomes