UUID for Identify Tool Dialog Context Menu?

08-27-2014 08:31 AM
KristinBlier
New Contributor III

I have a custom layer that implements the IIdentify interface. I would like to register a custom command with the context menu for the tree control Identify Tool dialog. I just need the UUID for this context menu, which I can't seem to find anywhere.

I found this thread, which suggests this isn't possible--

Adding Context Menu To Identify Tool

However, the Nimbus bug it references is a broken link. So, I'm wondering if this is now possible (the thread is from 2009).

Also, the ArcObjects documentation has this text in a number of places:

"To find the CLSID, ProgID, and subtype of a built-in command or menu in ArcMap or ArcCatalog, refer to the following technical documents:

ArcObjects Developer Help > Technical Documents > ArcMap: Names and IDs of commands and commandbars"

I can't seem to find a current version of this document with the 10.2 SDK. Can anyone point me to the current version? I've found several older versions from google searches.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is the page showing the UIDs of the ArcMap commands

KristinBlier
New Contributor III

Thanks Ken, that's helpful.

I'm not seeing anything related to the Identify results dialog (and it's context menu) there. Any idea if this just isn't exposed?

0 Kudos
ErinBrimhall
Occasional Contributor II

Kristin,

I believe the UUID you're looking for is "20C52011-97C1-43BB-988D-7DD5E0096A62", which corresponds to IdenitfyWindowCommandClass.

That said, getting a hook to the context menu available from this window is a different matter.  The closet match I've seen in code or documentation is {CC0DCD29-DE5E-11D3-9FF8-00C04F6BC8DD} esriArcMapUI.GeometryElementContextMenu

Hope these thoughts get you moving in the right direction.

0 Kudos
KristinBlier
New Contributor III

Thanks for your response, Erin.

The IdentifyWindowCommandClass is for the identify command itself, not the window. But, even if I had the ID for the window, I'm not sure how to find the ID of the context menu from that. As far as I can tell, it's not possible to iterate over ICommandBars.

I'm hoping an ESRI developer comes across this thread, and can simply look it up. It doesn't appear to be documented anywhere.

0 Kudos
ErinBrimhall
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Kristin,

When I can't find what I'm looking for in the ArcObjects SDK documentation, I resort to tools like Reflector to help glean a bit more information about the available classes, their inheritance hierarchy, interfaces implemented, etc.  That is where I scrounged out the UUID for the IdentifyWindowCommandClass.

Of course, these tools only take you so far with regard to .NET assemblies and the underlying COM objects.

Either way, I think ultimately you will be hard-pressed to get a hook to the actual Identify tool/command window, let alone its context menu.  It's possible this context menu is exposed through the ICommandBars interface, but without the ability to iterate over that collection (as you noted), you would need the specific UUID and in my digging with Reflector I never found an appropriate-sounding class or interface.

0 Kudos