Help creating App

08-24-2014 11:04 AM
michelleroche
New Contributor II

Hi, I am a beginner to creating apps so hope someone can help. Basically I am trying to create an App which will tell me my location and show me where my nearest AED is (points of which I want to add to the map). I have tried following the ESRI tutorials such as the basemap one but I am having trouble running the application after I following all the instructions. This is what appears when I run the application.

[2014-08-24 18:55:06 - AED project] Installation failed due to invalid URI!

[2014-08-24 18:55:06 - AED project] Please check logcat output for more details.

[2014-08-24 18:55:06 - AED project] Launch canceled!

I would be grateful for any help!

19 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, download the project - maps android sample app from github

Esri/maps-app-android · GitHub

Then upload / add your layers to ArcGIS online and replace the web map id link with your Arcgis omline map web id link.  Launch/Run the project on your device.

0 Kudos
michelleroche
New Contributor II

Thanks so much for the help!! So I just import the project to Eclipse? and then "Then upload / add your layers to ArcGIS online and replace the web id link with your Arcgis project web id link.  Launch the project on your device"?

Sorry I am really new to this!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's it...no problem.

michelleroche
New Contributor II

Hi again, I am having trouble after I imported the file into eclipse. So first of all I downloaded it to my computer? then in Eclipse I clicked import and imported the map-app-android-master as an existing file. This is added to Eclipse but a red exclamation mark appears beside the folder

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Part of the import is to right click the project go to the bottom to Arcgis tools and click convert to Arcgis android project and to the Android tools and install required libraries.

0 Kudos
michelleroche
New Contributor II

Thank you! that fixed everything however a yellow exclamation box appeared now image432.png

hope you can see the image

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Those are minor warnings, you can Run the project with them or click or right click and attempt to Quick fix.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Once you setup the project in ArcGIS Online - go to Eclipse project- res-values-strings.xml and replace the webmap urls with your ArcGIS online webmap map url. Run the project on your Android device and it should zoom to your location and show the layers.

0 Kudos
michelleroche
New Contributor II

Thanks very much for all your help! I wouldn't have got this far without your help!! the map is working on my tablet so the arcgis Online part is my next step! thanks again!