geometry error when zooming map

Jump to solution
08-14-2014 11:13 AM
CONABIONC_for_Knowledge_and_Us
Occasional Contributor

Dear all,

We’ve prepared this storymap, using mainly feature services: http://speck.conabio.gob.mx/cruzada/OAX/pobreza/index.html

Now we observed the following issue: When you click any of the polygons and use the “zoom to” option in the pop-up window to focus on this polygons, you ´ll face the selected polygon with a simplified geometry (see figure below).  Switch the topic on the same zoom level, and the geometry is rendered correctly again.

The geometry itself is correct – we have checked this on ArcGIS-Online. Moreover, the problem does not occur when you use other options of zooming (e.g. scroll).

Hence, it seems that the map loads a simplified geometry at the beginning which is not updated when you use the “zoom to” option in the pop-up, but is updated correctly when you zoom via scroll.

Any hints, why the issues occur and how we can solve it?

Thank you & best regards,

Flo

geometry_error.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

In the index.html, you will see 3 lines of code (line 42,43, and 183) that reference the API code (2 CSS files and 1 JS file). Within each src/href attribute replace the 3.7 with a 3.10.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Sorry about the problem. Nice looking story map!

Could you paste a URL to one of the web maps that you use in your story map so we can try it out outside of the story map side accordion app you are using?

PS. There's a typo in the URL that gets launched when I click the Conabio logo.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rupert,

here one link: http://conabio.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d6cd96bb79a4985b0f4de9255120e47

(and thank you for the typo-hint),

best regards,

Flo

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

I believe if you update your app to the latest version api (3.10), the geometries should draw correctly.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Stephen,

since (according to GitHub) there haven´t been any updates during the last 3 month, I´m quite sure to use the last version of the app.

thank you & best regards,

Flo

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

I’m not sure I understood your last comment. When I added your web map to my version of the side accordion app which was at API version 3.10 and clicked the “zoom to,” the polygons rendered correctly at larger scales. If I moved the API back down to 3.7 (the version your app was running), I had the same issue with the layers not rendering correctly.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Soory Stephen, I thought you were talking about the swipe-app ...

In this case, my question is: How do we update the API-version? Just to advise my programmer collegue?

thank you,

Flo

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

In the index.html, you will see 3 lines of code (line 42,43, and 183) that reference the API code (2 CSS files and 1 JS file). Within each src/href attribute replace the 3.7 with a 3.10.

Occasional Contributor

Worked fine - thank you very much, Stephen!

0 Kudos